Thursday, January 21, 2010

Timeless Tetris

One of my favorite games has reached an impressive milestone: Tetris has recently passed 100 million mobile phone downloads.  This game, created the year I was born, has a simple yet gripping formula that appeals to many people.  Even my grandpa played and enjoyed this game!  I find it amazing that the creator of the game, Alexey Pajitnov, is also surprised of its success. In a recent interveiw he said, "Obviously, I feel that this is a good game and I really expected it to have some kind of longer life because I didn't see why not. The platform changes but the human brain doesn't change that rapidly, but I didn't expect it to be such a long living (intellectual property). I am really amazed and pleased by this fact."  It's impressive that something so small and simple can affect so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment