Thursday, February 4, 2010

Technology and Family History

As a computer science student, I do love technology. Its amazing that things are getting easier and information is more accessible.  This especially helps with family history work.  When I was little, I remember going to a family history center and learning how to use the computers for family history work.  They had the FamilySearch program where you had to load various CDs to find all the information you were looking for.  When I was a little older, the Personal Ancestral File program made family history much easier and it could be done on a personal computer.  Now, we have the new Family Search website where members of the LDS church can easily access their family history from anywhere.  It's pretty amazing if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment