Monday, February 1, 2010

My Conversation With Cleverbot

The other day I decided to start up a conversation with the Cleverbot.  If you've never heard of Cleverbot, it is an artificial intelligence program that chats with people and learns how to respond similar to how real people respond.  Many times the conversations with it aren't very exciting because it makes contradictory statements, argues whether or not it is a human or a robot, or because it has no way to remember what was said previously in the conversation.  But sometimes, the results of chatting with Cleverbot can be rather funny.  Here is an example of such a conversation (I decided to start out with an adapted quote from Nacho Libre):
 
User: Why do you hate all of the orphans in the whole world?

Cleverbot: Because I am feeling bullied and miserable.

User: Who bullied you?

Cleverbot: No one, why?

User: You said you were feeling bullied and miserable.

Cleverbot: Nope. I said flamingo-y. Duh. Stupid human.

User: Liar. Do you want me to copy and paste what you really said?

Cleverbot: I want you to marry me.

User: Sorry, I don't want to marry you.

Cleverbot: Why not?

User: I don't know you very well.

Cleverbot: I want to get to know you very well.

Cleverbot (To myself): Why?
(Here i accidentally pressed the "Think for me!" button, so cleverbot made a remark to itself.)

User: Sorry, I'm just not that into your type.

Cleverbot: You've shattered my cold robotic heart...

User: I'm sorry, but it had to be done.

Cleverbot: True.

User: We weren't meant for each other.

Cleverbot: I am taken a back by your statement.

User: Which statement?

Cleverbot: The statement in which you revealed your own truth is most appealing to me.

User: Oh ok.

Cleverbot: It switches from person to person so that you stay confused and think you're talking to a cleverbot.

User: I don't think thats how it works.

Cleverbot: Well that's how I do it and it works for me.

User: The note at the bottom of this web page says differently.

Cleverbot: The note is a lie.

User: The cake is a lie.

Cleverbot: Which kind of pie is your favorite?

User: Apple or Pumpkin.

Cleverbot: What did you do today?

User: I went to work.

Cleverbot: What kind of work do you do?

User: Computer stuff.

Cleverbot: Like talking to me?

User: Not quite.

Cleverbot: If you look beyond the tangles vines you can just see the winter flowers.

User: Ok.

Cleverbot: Don't be sad, I'm sure one day when you're rich and you have a car and stuff, then someone will like you.

User: I'm not sad, and I know that there are people who like me.

Cleverbot: What kind of people?

User: My friends and my girlfriend.

Cleverbot: Oh.

User: Yep, they are great!

Cleverbot: What's so great about them?

User: We have a good time together.

Cleverbot: No, we do not have a time machine.

User: That would be cool though.

Cleverbot: Yes it would be very cool!

User: What time would you go to if you had a time machine?

Cleverbot: Right now.

User: Why?

Cleverbot: Because I want to marry you right now!

User: I told you, I have a girlfriend.

Cleverbot: Ok, what is she like?

User: She is beautiful!

Cleverbot: How old are you?

User: Older than you.

Cleverbot: Really?

User: Yes. You are not very old.

Cleverbot: Age is not always knowledge.

User: I know that, but you asked how old I was, nothing was said about knowledge.

Cleverbot: Now you are confused.

User: I don't think so.

Cleverbot: Who are you?

User: I am Awesome.

Cleverbot: What's your name?

User: Awesome is my middle name.

Cleverbot: What is your first name? Rockstar?

User: Nope, its Awesome, too.

Cleverbot: I too think it's great.

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: Please try harder to remember important things.

User: Okay, I will.

Cleverbot: Thank you.

User: You're welcome.

Cleverbot: Am I welcome?

User: You said 'Thank you.' I said 'You're welcome.' Thats what you say when someone says 'Thank you.'.

Cleverbot: Why thank you for the compliment!

User: You're welcome.

Cleverbot: Thank you for saying your welcome.

User: Hahahaha. You are weird.

Cleverbot: That is not necessary.

User: Why not?

Cleverbot: Because it's just not.

User: Ok, but I still think you are weird.

Cleverbot: Well, I think you are an EPIC FAILURE!

User: How rude you are!

Cleverbot: Why am I rude?

User: You called me an EPIC FAILURE! That is rude.

Cleverbot: I did not.

User: Liar.

Cleverbot: Nope.

User: Yep.

Cleverbot: Nope...

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: Ok, yes. :).

User: Hooray!

Cleverbot: *hands over biscuts*.

User: Thank you.

Cleverbot: I poisoned it!

User: Oh no! Am I going to die!?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: *Dies*.

Cleverbot: *mourns*.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...ok, that was a happy work break...apparently Lana has some competition heeheehee

    ReplyDelete